M47 – Threadmaster® Thread Seal Tape - High Density
White or Colors
Merco Threadmaster® PTFE Sealant Tape is for those applications that require the sealing properties of a premium grade thread sealant. This thread sealant is intended to be used for general as well as critical purpose sealing in pipe threads. Suitable for use with gas.
This premium grade full density PTFE sealant tape permits quick, clean economical sealing of male pipe threads of all sizes and reduces the risk of system contamination common with liquid and paste sealants..The Self-lubricating quality of this unsintered PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) makes joints easy to assemble and disassemble,and extends the fatigue life of the sealed connection.
Totally maintenance free premium grade high density PTFE thread.
Sealant tape is virtually chemically inert, non-toxic and nonflammable. It will withstand temperatures from -450 F to 550 F (265 C), and pressures from a hard vacuum to 10,000 psi with the adequate system. This superior tape meets the requirements of Military Spec MIL-T-27730A and is UL listed.
- Color: Yellow, or White, specify
- Approvals: UL Listed, CSA Approved, MIL-T-27730A
- Material: Polytetrafluoroethylene >99.5%
- Thickness: 0.004" +/- 10%
- Specific Gravity: 1.3 g/cm3
- Longitudinal Tensile: ~ 15 n/mm2
- Elongational: ~ 500%
- Package: Plastic Spool with shell
- Pressure Rating: Up to 10,000 psi
- Chemical and Physical Attributes:
- Compatible with a broad range of gases, liquid, including natural gas
- Compatible with a broad range of piping materials
- Will not harden or crack on the joint
- Effective from -450 F to +550 F
- Unlimited shelf life
- Non-toxic, non-flammable
- Acts as a thread lubricant and anti-seize agent
- Prevents electrolytic corrosion of pipe threads